Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lovers and Friends

I know I haven't been on my blogging game lately; the end of the semester always get a little crazy for me. Finals are underway and i'll be back

Anyway... I've been into the dating game heavily the past few months. Hang out with guy(s) go on a date just having fun. I have recently diagnosed myself with man ADD lol. I'll like a guy and kick it with him for a while but I can loose interest and place them in the friend category with all deliberate speed. Once placed in the friend category there's usually no coming back.

What makes a guy get moved to the friend category? Hmmm any number of things. A boring guy, if you're life totally revolves around your job, you're an absolute homebody, sucky conversation are all no bueno. Number one reason: inconsistency. This seems to be the biggest one for me. If dude texts/calls regularly and we kick it and he disappears or stops/slows txts\calls I loose interest in him as a potential lover with the quickness. Note that I said if he... I follow dudes lead on the communication front. You call me regularly I call u reg. You contact me once in a while I do the same. Latest guy said " you're too chill. why don't you call me more." Ummm i'm going to chalk his comments up as him being juvenile. Am I supposed to be a neurotic stalker and get buck if you say you're gonna kick it with the boys

I have to say that I don't require much attention lol. I've never been the I wanna see you everyday call and text a million times a day kinda girl. That violates one of my biggest dating rules: Never date someone with too much free time (not that i'm a rules girl but experience has taught me that someone w\o hobbies and friends of their own isn't for me). But I do think if you're into someone you'll make time to see that person. I shouldn't have to beg and plead for you to spend time with me. If you want to you will. If you don't well, I know someone else will. Is this mentality unreasonable?

Am I the only person that gets ADD with the opposite sex? Perhaps its not man ADD...
Thoughts, questions, and comments

2 comments:

  1. and here i am thinking this was the story of my life only!

    i'm not for the no hobby having very clingy dudes, it's so irritating! but i also despise the ones who play games with me talkin about we gonna kick it, don't, then call weeks or moths later talkin about where have I been. i don't sit around and if i know from the jump you ain't about much then i keep it movin'

    so you are not alone i think it's an epedemic on the dl actually lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol exactly! I am notdown with Total"sitting home waiting for you".you knowmy number do call or text. actually call. what's this new texting only b-s?

    ReplyDelete